Our Website Policy
What information do we collect?
We only collect, keep, use or share information that we need for genuine business purposes. When you’ve explicitly consented us to do so, or when we’re legally obliged to.
- If you set up/have an account with us: your name, date of birth, email address, billing/ delivery address, orders, and telephone numbers. Your login password is encrypted and not something we have access to. You must take responsibility for protecting your account information by making sure you create a strong password, don’t share it with others, and try not to use the same one for lots of online accounts.
- When you place an order, we receive your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and product details. We DO NOT receive your credit card details for online orders. Our payment provider processes these on our behalf as a Data Processor.
- To deliver the best possible web experience we collect anonymized information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country where your computer is located, the web page views during your visit, and search terms you may have used to access the site. You can read more detail on how we collect this anonymized data using Google Analytics in our Cookies Policy.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels to help us to respond to your comments, questions, or feedback. We actively use social media platforms as a way of connecting and getting closer to our customers to hear and understand what our customers think about us and our products and services. The social media sites we interact with typically have privacy policies explaining how they use and share information.
How do we use your information?
Data regulations mean that we are allowed to use and share your personal information only where we have a specific and proper reason to do so. As such, we use your information in several different ways:
- To verify your identity.
- To process any orders that you make on our website. If we don’t collect your data at checkout. We will be unable to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product you ordered. We may keep your details for a reasonable period afterward to fulfill any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees, and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests, and complaints. Handling the information you send enables us to respond to you. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this based on our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations, and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service possible and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with our website to help us quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our website. We’ll do this all as part of our legitimate interest.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions We do this based on our legitimate business interests and to protect our customers from fraud.
- With your explicit consent, to send you personalized communications by email about news and offers from Folklore collections. We do this based on consent. (You can opt out of our email communications at any time using the relevant links in our email newsletters).
- To send you communications that are required by law or which are necessary to inform you about changes to the services we provide to you. For example, updates to our policies, product recall notices, and legally required information about your orders.
- To administer any promotions which you enter based on your explicit consent at the time of entering.
- For market research purposes, to better understand the needs of our customers.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
How do we protect your data?
We know how much data security matters to our customers and as such. We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using SSL and HTTPS technology.
- Access to your data is password protected and sensitive data such as payment card information is secured and tokenized to ensure that it is protected.
- We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
How long do we keep your data?
We will hold on to your information for as long as you have your account or as long as it is needed to be able to provide the services to you or in the case of any contact you may have with our customer services team for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
Any communications with us via our contact forms or email addresses are kept for no more than 3 years.
Who do we share your data with?
Folklore Collections works with several trusted partners who support our business. All partners are subject to thorough security checks and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed to fulfill the orders you place or provide a service on our behalf
- Payment service providers (including Global Payments, PayPal and SagePay), order packers, and delivery companies (including Westway, Brisqq, DHL, FedEx, and DPD).
- Professional service providers such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, and website hosts who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies so we can help tackle fraud.
These organizations are subject to the following to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We only provide information to them required to fulfill a specific service.
- They may use your data only for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
What are your rights over your data?
You have several rights relating to the use of your personal information on folklorecollections.com:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used by the website.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can action most of this through your online account).
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
Our site uses software to provide high-level encryption technology.
Please note, we will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any personal details without first verifying your identity and your willingness to do so. We may contact you to confirm order cancellations or to secure an order. Never send any sensitive information such as passwords or credit card information by email. Where you have created an account and password you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this with anyone.
Links to other websites
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third-party data processors to any relevant persons and authorities. Within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Use of children’s data
If you are under 13 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before providing your details to this website including purchasing, creating an account on our website, or joining our email newsletter. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13.